Hello, Thank you for reading! I'm Marvin, a UX designer from Parsons School of Design.
Parsons School of Design - The New School (2018-2021)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - BFA Art, Media, and Technology: Illustration, GPA: 3.84
- Dean’s list: Spring 2018, Fall 2018
Workshop: Applications of Digital Analytics and Management Strategies in UX
- One of a team of three, with two former Goldman Sachs staff members
- UX design and feature prioritization
- Responsible for enterprise workflow management application
- First member on the team, November 2018-January 2019
General Assembly (Jul 2018)
- Developed insight into designing an application for a client
- Used lean UX methods: affinity mapping, wire-framing, as well as paper prototyping
- Validated results through user research, eg. interviews and usability tests
University of Hong Kong (June 2016- Dec 2017)
- Bachelor of Architecture Studies - BA(AS)
- Negotiated structural, functional, and aesthetic demands
User Experience Consultant - Miro AI (Jan 2019, Hong Kong)
- Advised on the primary consumer product at Miro, with 2019 projected revenue at 2.1 million USD
- Discovered usability concerns with lightweight analytics and qualitative research
- Derived more than 20 actionable conclusions from digital analytics (with two approaches, inquiry-based and segmenting by jobs-to-be-done)
- Determined smaller A/B tests to validate design recommendations
- Wire-framed design recommendations as input for an external design agency
- Drove results in two weeks and 20% under budget
Creative Intern - Constant Creative (Jun 2018, Hong Kong)
- Worked with the only team of four designers
- Contributed to multiple accounts ranging from start-ups to Fortune 1000 companies
- Created advertising materials, eg. posters and brand collaterals under brand guidelines
- Worked on Nikon instagram video campaign, art direction of Steelcase’s promotional video, window display of The Nate, among others
- MITx on edX - 6.00.1x: Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python
- Google - Google Analytics Individual Qualification
- Google - Google Ads Fundamentals
- Facebook - Brand Safety Across the Facebook Family of Apps and Services
- Facebook - Deliver Ads and Evaluate Outcomes with Facebook Pixel
- UX: Rapid Prototyping, Information Architecture, Wireframing, Sketch, Web design, User interface design, usability testing, Adobe XD, Invision, Origami Studio
- Creative: Adobe CC Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Lightroom
- Coding: HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Python
- Languages: English, Chinese, Mandarin
In my previous life, I also did...
- Psychology (2014) - Awarded top student (First in class) at Oxfords Summer School's Experimental Psychology Program.
- Sports (2015) - Won division one Street Hockey championships. It is similar to hockey but better. You can use both sides of the stick and body-slam people. Did karate and parkour as well.
- Music (2015) - Completed Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) Grade 7 clarinet and Grade 8 piano. Grade 8 is a pre-professional level. Getting 101/140 marks for my Grade 7 clarinet, with 100 marks as a passing mark, made me realize I would not do very well as a musician...
- Mathematics (2016) - Explored and still following through on my interest in Mathematical Philosophy.
- Fashion (2016) - Started a fashion couture house with Cheryl Chan, who managed the business. The prefall collection I designed was selected for the runway at the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts.
- Space Architecture (2016) - Read the latest discourse, and had direct access to NASA as well as MIT PhDs.
- Art (2017) - Learned to render hyper-realistically after having classical training with my mentor, Gert Cota. His last painting was featured in the 2017 Beauty and the Beast movie.
- Photography (2018) - Photographed New York Fashion Week 2018 Fall/Winter shows such as Anna Sui and Libertine as a teen :))
I like to think I lived an interesting life ;)
Available on Linkedin